So I'm wondering if anyone out there has cats like ours. We have two-Raven (male) and Chloe (female). The one you see is Raven. They were cage-mates at the SPCA and we were only planning on taking one kitten home, but how can you leave just one kitten alone in a cage? That was in 2004. The cats are just over 2 years old right now-old enough that you would think they would be out of the kitten stage.
Not so. They have just recently ended the practice of licking our ears at 5am. I'm ready (Ryan's not) to give one of the cats away.
We often come home to find cabinet doors & drawers open. Once I returned from a weekend trip to find an un-used birth control packet in the 'great room.'
Selling our house with these two fuzzballs has proved somewhat more difficult than expected. Last week one cat got into the attic space, and the other got into the garage. Ever since then we can't open the door to the attic or even go near the garage door without the cats running to investigate. Especially Raven (the one I want to give away). Raven must have been the cat that escaped to the garage...He will spend many minutes just sitting & crying at the door that leads from the dining room to the garage. He'll jump and hang on to the door handle, so now the door must remain locked at all times.
Yesterday, during the second showing, the cats apparently were a little friendly. Here's the comment the real estate posted in regard to the showing:
House showed very well excellent decor. Somewhat of a challenge to view due to cats. Previewing attic storage and a cat got in, had to crawl in to get the cat out. They followed you around the house and tried to sneek out of every door.
It's a very South Carolina comment, complete with grammatical and spelling errors. (I can-but won't- devote another blog entry to those three sentences.)
So what I'm looking for are suggestions on how to take friendly, curious cats & turn them into the typical 'I don't give a rat's ass' cat. Or a set of loving parents for a fat and annoying fuzzball.
No comments:
Post a Comment