Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thrifted

This trip seems SO like it was so much longer than just two weeks ago.

The weekend was FULL of food. When I returned home, I felt, and looked 4 months pregnant.

We were the first people seated at my new favorite italian restaurant-it was 5pm...(I only had two mini-cupcakes for lunch). The name of the dish? can't remember, but it was egg noodles, shrimp, cabbage, and sheeps cheese. you're probably going, "EW" but honestly, it was delicious. I'm kind of craving it right now, in the middle of the afternoon.

Then we had tiramisu. and cappuccino. yum.

The next night's dinner was a pastrami on rye. PLUS a side of latkas, aka potato pancakes with apple sauce. Followed by a trip to Za.bars for rugalah. Yeah, it was gluttonous.

But the shopping! I wish I could say I did soho, S5A, BG, & HB, but the funds are low (one income + tuition) so we hit two of the better Goodwills in the city.

And I hit the jackpot.


Here's a picture of the find of 2008:

CHERRY RED 100% leather pants by THEORY in MY size!
(I should mention that I also have a pair of BLACK leather INC pants from a Goodwill in Charleston...but they were made for someone who is 6 ft tall)
I wish I could meet the previous owner and take a peek into their closet. and when she wasn't looking, I would put everything on and run out of her apartment.


True to my form, I wore them to the airport to pick up Ryan. very spiffy with sleek black tee and black ballet flats.


Other finds: Sisley (!) white crocheted top, D&G striped sweater (I saw D&G pink pants, too, but didn't get them), and black and white HIGH waisted and wide legged pants. I know skinny is in, but I hate skinny pants and feel like my butt is wider than a Chev-Suburban when in skinny pants.


Oh. And did I mention the red leather theory pants that fit me so well only cost $24? H&M, you have nothing on me!

No comments: