the wicked spring semester of nursing school! Final breakdown:
Pharm: A
Med Surg 1: A-
Med Surg 2: B+
Psych: A-
Maternity: A-
Communities: A-
When looking at those grades in black and white, I think, "wow. how did that happen?" That NEVER happened with my first degree. How much of it actually stuck?
Taking some of those finals made me realize I still have a lot more to learn. Midway through the final for Med Surg 2, I thought, "what am I doing here?" Each test question had answer choices of:
a) Inadequate
b) You are inadequate
c) Still inadequate...
d) Can you not take the hint? You're all inadequate!
And yet, despit the horrible experience, I ended up with a half way decent grade on the final. Just don't ask me to set up chest tubes or administer meds to a person in v fib without a 10 minute refresher.
Monday I start my summer classes and....CLINICAL.
Clinical scare me. There will be no plastic patients or robots/simulators. These people will be breathing. I will have to touch and help care for real people.
Our clinical instructor has helped us out a bit and provided a heads up list of things we need to be prepared to do for the next five weeks....and I hate to say this, but I think I'll be working with poop for the next 5 weeks.
ick.
It's all motivation for me to keep running, biking, walking, and increasing my fiber intake. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Awesome Rachel!! (well not about working with poop for the next 5 weeks) :)
Congrats on those AMAZING grades!!! And good luck with clinical. I'm at the same spot in my career---I feel competent enough in the classroom, but REAL people? Real cases? Real lives? Holy crap.
I'm sure you will do JUST fine!
Post a Comment