Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back.

honestly. for real. i'm going to keep up with the blogging! It's been nearly two months!

So what's new?

Still working. In fact, one of the patients listed in my last post is BACK on the floor. And while I want to say WHY the patient is back, I have too much respect for that hippopatamus of a privacy law.

The good thing about work? I'm no longer working every other weekend. What a relief! I now work two twelve hour shifts each week, which really isn't that bad. except for the whole running thing. It's hard to go for a run after working a 12 hour shift, especially if you have a husband waiting to eat dinner when you get home at 2015 and have to get up at 0455 to go back to work.

to be fair, after the marathon, I wasn't running after work as much as I used to. Partly because I wanted a break (my legs were exhausted), partly due to the fact that I didn't have a training plan (I needed something to tell me what distance to run-isn't that lame??), and partly due to the weather. We've had quite a few super windy, super cold, super snowy days.

the past couple of weeks I've kept up with 3-5 mile runs. It's going to have to be upped though. I just bought a new pair of sneakers and I need to justify the purchase. of course, buying new running shoes when you're battling a cold probably sin't the best of ideas. here's hoping I can pick it up...

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

I'm so glad to see you back posting!!!! Good luck gettin' back into the swing of things. I can't imagine having such a weird (no offense) work schedule. My poor body would be soooo confused and I'd probably have to sleep all of the time :)