
What a great weekend! Traci made it to town late Thursday-poor thing, she came up to visit me in Delaware and spent more time OUTSIDE Delaware.
Friday we hit IKEA (the novelty of the store has yet to wash away and I insist on bringing all of my friends to this mega store). A yummy sandwhich at Pat's (complete with f-and b- bombs from the guys working the soda & fry line), followed by trying to find parking in the city. Luckily these two grads can read a map and we found the historic district without a problem. Since we're more into shopping than history, we only visited the Liberty Bell & part of the Betsy Ross house (pictures will be added soon). And what trip to Philly is complete without stopping at Reading Terminal Market???
The new "BEST DRINK EVER" goes to the Amish family selling the Strawberry-Lemonade.
We spent Saturday in Maryland, first in Annapolisis. Who knew there was such a cute picturesque town there? The navy boys (from the Academy) were spending the first weekend out of prison and Traci and I wanted nothing more than to take a picture with them (especially the one eating the ice cream cone).
For lunch, we found a sandwich place called The Big Cheese. Two words: YUMM-O. This is the store I would love to own if I knew a thing about making food. i don't remember what Traci or Ryan had, but I had an apple & brie sandwich on a small french loaf of bread. I even got to pick out which loaf I wanted them to use for my sandwich! The brownies we had were delicious, too. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it :)
After walking around Annapolis we headed to Baltimore. Timing wasn't quite right and the Water Museum was closing in an hour so just went straight to the Inner Harbour, which is kind of touristy, but nice nonetheless. except, it was so darn hot. I'm losing my Florida/Charleston adaptability to heat (especially after having three days worth of 60* weather here last week).
Sunday we had to take Traci to the airport :( So sad, but now I know flights are super cheap from Philly to south Florida that once our house ever sells (HA!) I'll be able to visit Traci more often. It's already known I will be visiting her and Versailles once Castro is dead... ;) Hmm...maybe we can go to the 'events' at the Orange Bowl, too...(I think Traci is the only person out there who will understand any of this).
MWAH to Traci for coming to visit :)
After leaving the airport, Ryan & I headed to IKEA where we still couldn't find any curtains (for the guest bedroom) and then we headed back to PASSYUNK & 9th for ANOTHER cheesesteak. Except this time we at Gino's.
hm. first off, the people in line are just stupid (yet we joined them). The line was so long that the people did NOT wrap around the restaurant (on the sidewalk, in the shade), but kept the line going straight out INTO THE STREET. Uh-huh.
Second, the people working behind the counter were nice. They actually said, "Can I help ya?" as opposed to, "NEXT!" (which is what the say at Pat's).
Third, the place was clean. we could have eaten the sandwich off the counter tops WITHOUT the paper liner.
and finally, forth, I heard no cursing. And the lady tried to give me cheese fries (what's up with that??). When I asked (for the second time that week) for REGULAR fries, she said, "Ok, just a minute." There was no, "Why the fuck did you mess up her order?" or "I don't know, if you were fucking helping me like you were supposed to, I wouldn't have fucked up her order bitch."
So...I think I liked Pat's better for the atmosphere. But if I'm bringing little people under the age of 12, it'll probably be Geno's.
*************************************************
AND-Muchas gracias a mi amiga FRANCES for the lovely shoe pajamas :) Put a big smile on my face!
Friday we hit IKEA (the novelty of the store has yet to wash away and I insist on bringing all of my friends to this mega store). A yummy sandwhich at Pat's (complete with f-and b- bombs from the guys working the soda & fry line), followed by trying to find parking in the city. Luckily these two grads can read a map and we found the historic district without a problem. Since we're more into shopping than history, we only visited the Liberty Bell & part of the Betsy Ross house (pictures will be added soon). And what trip to Philly is complete without stopping at Reading Terminal Market???
The new "BEST DRINK EVER" goes to the Amish family selling the Strawberry-Lemonade.
We spent Saturday in Maryland, first in Annapolisis. Who knew there was such a cute picturesque town there? The navy boys (from the Academy) were spending the first weekend out of prison and Traci and I wanted nothing more than to take a picture with them (especially the one eating the ice cream cone).
For lunch, we found a sandwich place called The Big Cheese. Two words: YUMM-O. This is the store I would love to own if I knew a thing about making food. i don't remember what Traci or Ryan had, but I had an apple & brie sandwich on a small french loaf of bread. I even got to pick out which loaf I wanted them to use for my sandwich! The brownies we had were delicious, too. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it :)
After walking around Annapolis we headed to Baltimore. Timing wasn't quite right and the Water Museum was closing in an hour so just went straight to the Inner Harbour, which is kind of touristy, but nice nonetheless. except, it was so darn hot. I'm losing my Florida/Charleston adaptability to heat (especially after having three days worth of 60* weather here last week).
Sunday we had to take Traci to the airport :( So sad, but now I know flights are super cheap from Philly to south Florida that once our house ever sells (HA!) I'll be able to visit Traci more often. It's already known I will be visiting her and Versailles once Castro is dead... ;) Hmm...maybe we can go to the 'events' at the Orange Bowl, too...(I think Traci is the only person out there who will understand any of this).
MWAH to Traci for coming to visit :)
After leaving the airport, Ryan & I headed to IKEA where we still couldn't find any curtains (for the guest bedroom) and then we headed back to PASSYUNK & 9th for ANOTHER cheesesteak. Except this time we at Gino's.
hm. first off, the people in line are just stupid (yet we joined them). The line was so long that the people did NOT wrap around the restaurant (on the sidewalk, in the shade), but kept the line going straight out INTO THE STREET. Uh-huh.
Second, the people working behind the counter were nice. They actually said, "Can I help ya?" as opposed to, "NEXT!" (which is what the say at Pat's).
Third, the place was clean. we could have eaten the sandwich off the counter tops WITHOUT the paper liner.
and finally, forth, I heard no cursing. And the lady tried to give me cheese fries (what's up with that??). When I asked (for the second time that week) for REGULAR fries, she said, "Ok, just a minute." There was no, "Why the fuck did you mess up her order?" or "I don't know, if you were fucking helping me like you were supposed to, I wouldn't have fucked up her order bitch."
So...I think I liked Pat's better for the atmosphere. But if I'm bringing little people under the age of 12, it'll probably be Geno's.
*************************************************
AND-Muchas gracias a mi amiga FRANCES for the lovely shoe pajamas :) Put a big smile on my face!
No comments:
Post a Comment