So there might be good news up ahead...All I ask is that you keep your fingers and toes crossed and I promise to tell you all about it when (IF) everything goes as planned (about a month). Good vibes...we need good vibes.
Oh...and how about this for really cool and random thing to do in DE?
I knew UD had an ice skating rink, and I also knew that UD offers a minor in Figure Skating Coaching (no joke). I had NO IDEA that Kimmie Meissner is a student at UD AND trains at the UD rink. Last week I sold my college futon to a set of parents who have a daughter at UD. The father, who was super friendly and quite a talker, kept telling me how much I'm going to love UD and all things to do there and how they have such a great athletic department (I didn't have the heart to remind him I went to UF).
Anywho, he was the one who told me about the ice rink and Kimmie Meissner. Practices are open and he promised that if I called him, he would make it a point that I meet her (of course I'm too chicken to ever do that).
After running some errands today, I decided to stop by the rink, and lo-and-behold, I walked right into the rink, and was able to watch about 6 skaters practice on the rink at the same time, one was Kimmie Meisner herself.
How very cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment