I got a blind haircut.
No, I didn't cut my hair blindfolded, and no, a blind person did not cut my hair.
A blind haircut, as I'm defining it, is picking a salon and stylist without any sort of a referral.
Ok, so I'm not going to be getting a medal of honor for going through this feat, but still, if you've seen the haircuts in Delaware, you would understand.
It's not fair. When we were at the AF/NAVY game this weekend I saw a ton of women with good haircuts. But here in Delaware? Nothing.
First let's talk color. I've never colored my hair for the sheer reasoning being that most blondes look like fake blondes. and i'm too cheap to pay to get my hair colored every 4-6 weeks. this actually works in my favor because the blondes up here are actually 'yellows.' Honestly, if you could take a canary color from a box of crayola, you would know how blonde is done here.
Now on to the more important cut. every cut I've seen here has been full of choppy layers. I don't like choppy layers. Layers are supposed to blend. Also, what's with the asymmetrical cuts? I don't think the hair on the left side of your head should be 2 inches shorter than the hair on the right side of your head. I honestly can't say if the choppy, angular layer look is exclusive to the area or part of the, "80s punk, screw how I look" fashion that is taking over right now (when will black skinny jeans go away?!).
So the haircut. I showed the woman pictures of what I like and what I don't like. I stressed my views on blended layers & choppy layers. I told the woman i like layers (never did I say I like a lot of layers).
So how did it turn out? The haircut reminds me of a cross between:
and 
yes. I know. I'm not sure what exactly to make of it.

I'm really not enjoying the longer section in the back...maybe if she cut that section another inch I would be happier. Eh, at least it grows back. Thank goodness for hair ties :)
No comments:
Post a Comment