Tuesday, November 27, 2007

READY!

Getting ready for tomorrow night's bookclub that I'm hosting and I think I've figured out what to make!

Yogurt-Braised Chicken with Cashews & Raisins

Herbed Basmati Rice

Glazed Carrots

Salad (baby spinach, cheese, tomatos, croutons, etc)

and....

probably CUPCAKES from Sweet & Sassy. (not sure which kind though...coconut or red velvet?)

The last think my butt needs is a cupcake.

But back to dinner: We read A Thousand Splendid Suns and I wanted to try and do a themed dinner...but who knows how to make Afghan food? India will have to do (chicken recipe is supposedly Indian).

I've never made basmati rice...if I chicken out (heh) I'll make traditional cuban rice (an indian-cuban dish. this must be the result of a polish-lithuanian-cuban-american heritage -and don't even start with the religion upbringing).

And I've never made glazed carrots before. Come to think of it, I've never cooked carrots (opening the bag and steaming them does not count).

This might be a bad idea. At least there's those premade pastas that cook in 5-8 minutes if disaster strikes...

No comments: