Monday, September 8, 2008

Toss-n-Turn Post

Can't sleep.
So I decided to quite literally empty the mind.
Here is what's in it now:

Job Fair tomorrow morning. Don't want to wear the typical black pants and blouse. Plus for some reason, I think my body fat is getting re-distributed. Pant crotches are nearly down to my knee (slight exaggeration). Found a great grey pencil skirt in my closet that was thrifted, but can't seem to find the matching grey jacket (I KNOW it 'came' with a jacket). Might be able to get away with wearing a blouse with pencil skirt, but the blouse didn't fit as perfectly as I'd like. Might have to wear the skirt with suit jacket combo, which will make me feel like a recruiter or a politician. Either way I think it'll make me look matronly. Granted the job fair is just for practice. Not even sure if my resume is up to par.

Pediatric clinical starts wednesday. Pray for me.

Peace. I wore my peace earrings today. I've had them for about 3 years and only one person has ever noticed them so much as to actually say something.


My professor (I believe she will be an awesome professor and can possibly be a nurse idol) mentions my earrings twice. Once before class when I ask about the guest speaker (from the career center). the teacher tells me about how the guest speaker will tell dos and dont's of interviews (no sandals, shorts, watch the type of earrings to wear...). (as if I would actually wear big earrings to an interview??)

Then during attendance, I hear my first name and immediately go "here" (I have a seriously long name). She says, "Ok. Are you married?"

I say, "yes"

"newlywed?"

"no...5 years now"

"Ah, ok. " (and then she says to the class) "Her last name has a hyphen. It wasn't like I just knew she was married because she is wearing peace earrings."

HUH?


She either hates me (because of the earrings) or is secretly excited about having me in her class (because of the earrings). I hope not to disappoint. Next week I'll go back to wearing studs, but wait until she sees what I ordered online this past weekend....

I ordered the brown on the bottom left, but now I'm wondering if I should have gone with dusty or tan...

And don't worry....I have enough sense not to wear the shoes with the peace earrings!

1 comment:

New Girl on Post said...

I think the pencil skirt sounds beyond cute!

I love moccasins! And the fact they have peace signs on them make them so much more interesting.