Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Product of the 80s

Proof:

I just bought a pair of pseudo-stirrup leggings. What is that..the 3rd pair of leggings I've purchased recently?? About a year and a half/two years ago, while living in SC, I bought a pair of black leggings. Then I bought a few fun colorful pairs: green, yellow, and white. I only wore the green pair once and that was for St. Patty's day....(I realized that I'm too old for the other colors)

Then a few months ago I bought those shiny latexy leggings. They were a hit and I honestly can't wait to wear them again somewhere.

And finally today I couldn't pass up the pseudo-stirrup leggings from Macy's. They were ON SALE. On Sale PLUS a 20% off discount.

I love how the new stirrups are more like extra long leggings with a whole cut out for the ankle. Remember when they looked like true stirrups (pants with a a piece of elastic hanging off the bottom)?

What's next...sliders/biker shorts underneath skirts? slap bracelets? goony bracelets? hypercolor tshirts???

4 comments:

stacy said...

ooh ooh... i vote for those things you put your shirt in so that your shirt is gathered at your hip. OR lets bring back the side ponytail... i mean leg warmers are already back...geesh

New Girl on Post said...

I'm jealous you can carry off leggings. With my short legs, it's not a pretty sight. :)

Lauren said...

haha! i have actually been craving a pair of stirrup leggings recently! i havent worn them since i was like 6, but i still want some :)

Tania said...

I tried on some pseudo-stirrup leggings at Macy's and the crotch was hanging due to the stirrups. I have yet to find a nice long pair of leggings.....and I have short legs!