Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Third Time's a Charm

Officially off orientation right?

Day 1: RRT

Day 2: RRT + patient with critical lab value

WTF?! I broke down in a fit of tears yesterday afternoon (at home). I did not want to.go.back.to.work.

I'll be the first to admit. I was scared. The little confidence I had was lost.

Day 3: NO RRT! FINALLY.

Granted...there was still another critical lab value, but it was taken care of; handled, and hopefully solved.

Here are some more fears: Am I forgetting something? what if I'm not thinking ahead? what if I'm leaving the next nurse with a mess/black hole? I begged the nurse following me to let me know if she had any issues that i could have addressed on my shift prior. Any sort of thing that I could have done so that she wouldn't have an issue on her shift. She told me not to worry about it, but I do not want to be that nurse that people dread following.

That, is a goal i'm setting for myself, and one that may be easier said than done.

Please tell me that it's going to get better...

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Oh hang in there!! I'm sure you are doing just fine!! It will get easier, it has to, right?

G'luck!