Sunday, February 21, 2010

"So why....

haven't you signed up for a race yet?" said husband.

He was a bit concerned. It was early February. We had just gotten through our third snow storm since December. Two of those storms I think were classified as blizzards and had struck within days of each other. Streets were barely passable on car, much less with running shoes.

I had done some small, no more than 4 mile runs here and there, but nothing more.

I was going crazy.

So recently I started looking for some half marathons. while I wouldn't mind doing the same half as last year (historic half), I had already motivated a group of co-workers to get together to run in a marathon relay (each person runs 6.55 miles) and it happens to be on the same weekend as the historic half. So that's probably out.

I've yet to find a good half (with easy to minimal traveling) for May. Regardless, I printed out a plan and have been fortunate enough to have the sun out all week with temperatures creeping up to the mid 40s (I'm loving the sound and sight of melting snow). 6 miles completed today. 5 mile speed work out earlier this past week. Let's hope this keeps up.

Because there is a half in NY...in early april. A friend is trying to convince me to run it with her and her friends. I'm waiting until the last minute to commit. 6 weeks to train for a half? it's going to be messy

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

You could totally do it :)