Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Start

Today:
Get to work 4 hours early for competency check lists and class.

1455: rush onto floor (class ended late). run into bathroom because goodness knows there won't be many chances to use it later.
1500: meet with nurse I'm following, start report
1505: interrupted
1510: restart report. Have to move chair due to multiple noise conservations at mini-station
1516: interruption
(repeat x2. you get the idea)

10 minutes after getting report, receive word from nurse downstairs that one of my patients (who is downstairs for some tests) made comments akin to suicidal ideation. .

it was crazy. It took a while for the vitals to get completed and entered into the system. my tech became a sitter, a patient returned from OR completely out of it, hypotensive and with nausea. fix one problem, and then open up another. Once I thought I was done getting everyone comfortable, another rings and says she can't breathe. No tech, post op vitals, strait caths, oye vey, I'm glad to be home.



1 comment:

Tania said...

Oh.my.goodness. How will I survive the craziness when my day comes? Well, at least I won't be bored! How have you been? I haven't been reading or posting much lately!