And you can imagine how the rest of the conversation went, over dinner, with my....
husband.
How is it possible that I've known him for about 12 years, married for 7, and NOT known he was a chemistry major? (granted he was only a chem major for either one semester or a year, he's doesn't remember)
Tangent....I hated chemistry. It was a massive class, with a professor who was always late, rushed, and obviously annoyed that he had to teach true undergrads. Chem lab was almost worse than the lecture. Walking near the chem building began to get my heart going, and NOT in a good exciting kind of way. But by far, the most awful part of chemistry was after the exam. First you felt like you bombed it. Then, a day or two later, you walked to the chemist yr lecture hall, and looked for the last four digits of your SSN in the glass enclosed bulletin board out on the side of the building. You found your grade. And then your curved grade. And then you cried (not tears of joy, either)....and eventually dropped the class and changed majors and..ok, so I see why he dropped the chem major. But I digress...
I couldn't help but wonder what else? After all, the previous evening we were eating waffles for dinner when I noticed that he ate his waffles tiny square by tiny square. (he swears he's always done this; I've just been too tired in the morning to notice).
Note, it's not like I eat my waffles strip by strip, but i certainly don't cut them into perfect squares either.....
with the move coming up, I can't wait to learn more peculiarities...we'll certainly be spending enough time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment