Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Keep Movin'

and we're back on the train again.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind with no hope of slowing down.

Last week was my last day of work at an incredible hospital and I feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to work at and with such an incredible group of people. There is a group of people that I work with that make up an incredible team: the Rock Star Nurses.

They are the ones who are always calm, always willing to help, and always seem to know just what to do. The are great with patients. What can I say...they are my idols. There are also a few nursing students that work on the floor who I know will make fantastic nurses, and I hope to keep in touch with everyone.

No rest for the weary, after the last day of work, I had a minor surgery. As a nurse, I hate being a patient. It might not be the actual act of being a patient as much as the fear factor: completely out of control and aware of the worst possible outcomes (real and imagined).

And I can't really go jogging right now as it's still too close to post op. Bother.

But the day after the surgery I met up with some former classmates, aka sexy, zany nurses. Drinks, dinner, more drinks, delicious desert, wonderful laughs. Could I ask for anything more?

Well....maybe.

A house to move into would be nice. And a job.

The movers come in less than one week to pack up the house and lock all my belongings into a truck (and then move it into storage).

As for the job front....I've applied to three or four, and have only heard back from one. My "salary requirement" is about $8 per hour than they can offer me. The application (for all the jobs) requested that I fill in my current salary or salary requirements. I had figured that I would be taking a pay cut, but I feel like I was blown off.....I don't need to make the same dollar amount; but not even an interview. At least call me. I hate how impersonal the internet can be.
Just keep movin'...it will all come together.

No comments: