Married Military Spouse* (age30) seeking female friend between the ages of 22 and 42. Friend must find humor in following local news story:
Man being arrested for driving lawn mower drunk
and shock/amazement in:
man shooting self in public location.
Friend should enjoy laughing, meeting up for caffeinated coffee or tea. Friend should enjoy going out for dinner, cooking with friends, meeting up for the occasional drink.
Seriously, it's been about 3 weeks since moving, and I've yet to meet a soul (save for the two yoga instructors at the local yoga studio and the ladies interviewing me at various hospitals).
I attended the base new comers meeting (it was mainly for the active duty), and put my name on the spouse contact list, but have yet to receive a call informing me of the spouse newcomers meeting.
For our first time, we're not part of a flying squadron, and holy heck, how do women meet people if they don't have kids or aren't part of a church?? Our first base had a spouse group, as did our second base. And at the second base we met people on day one or day two, going out to dinner on day three, and meeting up at a new friend's house a week or two later.
I hope the track club allows turtles to join..... :)

*just realized that married military spouse is somewhat redundant...oops!
2 comments:
Wish we lived closer, I would so be your friend/running buddy!!
Ok..I'm not a runner really, I'm ridiculously slow, but if I were anywhere near I'd be your friend. I'm a big fan of eating and cooking and being snarky about crazy news stories. :)
Post a Comment