This was my response to the Batista at the local Starbucks after he told me that it was a district policy to NOT brew decaffeinated coffee after 12 noon.
Time? 2pm. A brief run down of the day up to that point: drank 1/2 a cup of regular coffee (brewed at home), and made the poor decision to run 5 miles on the treadmill at the apartment complex (which is equivalent to running in a sauna). The 5 mile run was more like 3. There was no juice in the tank. Cool down....lunch...and an hour on the phone dealing with a certain phone/Internet/cable company that has a 'V' and a 'Z' in their name.
Finally, a 30+ minute drive to Starbucks. The goal: Write a letter to the above mentioned phone/Internet/cable company with a 'V' and a 'Z' in their name.
The request: a medium coffee, half regular, half decaf.
Barista: Oh....uh, yeah...we don't have any decaf. We don't brew decaf after 12 noon.
And he then went on to explain that it was a district policy to not brew decaf after 12noon.
Here's the problem...it's a coffee shop. They should have coffee...regular & decaf. I get that times are tough. If it was 0800 am and they weren't brewing decaf BEFORE 12 noon, I might understand the cost benefit of not having decaf early in the morning. I imagine most Starbucks customers want the caffeine, especially in the morning.
Happy to say that I did not shed a tear and go ape shit at the store. But yes, internally, screams...and a delicious, somewhat caffeinated cup of green tea. Seriously. WHERE on earth am I???
No comments:
Post a Comment