Saturday, June 11, 2011

Brief

I tried writing a post last week but it became so long winded and was going nowhere. So, a brief update in bullets:

  • New job: on my own (off orientation) starting this up coming week. Hopefully people still like me after that (I feel like the girls on the floor can turn pretty quick).
  • Running: PR'd twice within 4 weeks on my 5k time. First run was 24:58 (my first sub 25 minute run). Two weeks later I ran a 5k in 24:16. !!!!! (my long winded post was about that 24:16 run. Maybe I'll go back to revisit and revise...)
  • Travels: A last minute week-long trip to Paris next week! I've been listening to language podcasts/CDs and really can only say two things. "My name is" and "Would you like to sleep with me?" (pop music has it's educational value).
  • Shopping: For the trip to Paris I 'needed' new clothes. mainly dresses (I figure it's more comfortable to wear a dress when you're walking the streets of a city in the middle of summer). I found three dresses, one was an amazing red Theory dress from a consignment shop. With a stain. So, I crossed over to the dark side of crafts and attempted to dye the dress yesterday. More to come on that....
  • Good reads: Currently finishing Object of Beauty by Steve Martin. Enjoyed Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Read Three Cups of Tea with a grain of salt. One Day (just saw that movie trailer for it last night) is a truly enjoyable, light romantic read that I have on my Kindle. Buy it!
Sorry for the lapse in posting; more to come soon on the dress dyeing adventures!

No comments: