No need as they had called me. Woop woop!
The interview though wasn't until the following monday. At the end of the interview I had a verbal offer ("I like you, the staff likes you, so what shift do you want? Do you want start in two weeks or in 4 weeks?").
Tuesday I had to go in and turn in my two weeks notice and then return to an awkward day of work Wednesday. Some people enjoy working at smaller hospitals because of its size (people know who you are), but I'm not fond of the gossip mill. I was amazed to come in on Wednesday morning to know that nearly everyone knew I was leaving (day AND midnight shift). By the following week people on different floors were aware.
It wasn't until this past Monday (last week) that I signed the papers at my new hospital-which is why I haven't posted anything...I was worried I had turned in my 2 week notice too soon, but no worries (husband didn't mind...he has been wanting me to quit/resign/move on for awhile now).
Orientation at the new hospital has already begun-it's two weeks long! Then I should have about 4 weeks on the floor to get orientated/precepted before being cut loose on my own.
I know the grass isn't always greener on the other side (however a nurse I worked with said it might grow faster and taste better). The grass might be just as brown on the other side. But from what I can tell in orientation (and people in the community), I've made a good step in the right direction.
I'm proud to say that I got a job at this hospital!
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! I know how much it sucks to be miserable at your job and how good it feels to move on. Having 2 weeks of training and 4 weeks of orientation already seems better than the other hospital .. right? Good luck!!
So so very happy for you!! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment