In case you forgot...
My last vacation before hopefully graduating
+
The husband getting guaranteed leave for New Years
=
New Years in New York!
+
The husband getting guaranteed leave for New Years
=
New Years in New York!
No...not exactly Manhattan NY. We're too poor for that, but we scored a decent rate at a hotel in Brooklyn. (my father's reaction: You're staying in BROOKLYN?!)
I'm super psyched.
Here's my to do list:
1. Skate at Rockefeller Center (yes, ridiculously overpriced, but honestly, when I will I do that again?)
2. Possibly stand in the crowd of the Today Show like an idiot. Only because I want to ice skate FIRST THING in the morning because I hate waiting in line. I'm thinking of holding up a sign that says, "Hey camera man, FREEZE on ME!" (stolen from college roommate who wore a cow costume to the Today plaza with a sign saying, "Hey Camera man...Mooooove on over to me!" I don't think it was Halloween either).
3. The Rockettes! We have our tickets and we're going on the last day of the performance. Yet another reason to start those new years resolutions now: great legs.
4. Brooklyn Museum of Art
5. MOMA if I can convince the husband.
6. Brooklyn Botanical Garden would be nice if it wasn't winter.
7. Visit a church to give my thanks to St. Joseph (he helped sell our house). Yes, I'm superstitious. No, I'm not religious. Yes, there's a difference.
8. Walk 5th Ave to see the window displays. Secret: When I was in middle/high school I wanted to be a window dresser. This dream was crushed when I realized that retailers all used the same window design that was mailed to each store. Also crushed when Lincoln Rd on Miami Beach went from trendy & gay mom-and pop pedestrian mall to trendy & gay chain pedestrian mall.
9. Eat at Arties: 1 potato pancake, 1 pastrami sandwich on rye, and rugelach. Lots of rugelach.
10. Burn off above meal by running in the NYRR Central Park midnight run. I will do it. I will pay to run 4 miles in the bitter cold. At midnight. (my mother says: "Oh, that's great. you're staying in BROOKLYN, you wanted to walk 125th street, now you're going to run in Central Park at midnight and get mugged?!")
could I be any more excited?!!!!
1 comment:
im jealous! sounds like ur gonna have a wonderful time! u must post pictures!!
hope u had a great christmas :D
Post a Comment