We all know next semester (February-June) is going to be awful.
But right now, we all feel that THIS semester is awful. I came home sick from stress on the first day (another classmate broke out in a rash).
Since the next week will be filled learning about the giving bed-baths, changing bed pans, and taking vitals, I figured I'd quickly mention the new years trip to NY.
It was fun.
I ate. a lot.
The Rockettes? WERE TERRIFIC! I want to see them again next year (but before Xmas), as well as NYC Ballet of The Nutcracker.
Dinner at this tiny (and packed) Italian restaurant on the UWS was excellent (straight up Italian...even the TOURISTS sitting next to us were Italian). The tiramissu? to die for. No, really. I NEVER order tiramissu because I've never seen the big deal, but something told me I HAD to get it. I didn't even look at the dessert menu...we just ordered two cappaccinos & one tirramissu to share, and oh my goodness.
It's worth a train ticket to the restaurant JUST FOR THAT DESSERT.
I'm still having dreams about that dessert.
Oh, and the run you ask? how was that?
Only the best way to celebrate New Years (unless at friend Cassidy's party with friends...then it's the second best).
seriously, we had so much fun...from getting off the subway and following the 'cast' of Alice in Wonderland to the party, to crossing the finish line, it was GREAT. We ran the entire 4 mi at a snail's pace, but hey, we ran the entire thing AND we weren't ready for it. AND from mile 2 to mile 3 it was uphill. I LOVED getting high fives from the people on the 'sidelines' watching us. Getting nearly run over by a blind Homer S=impson was fun, too.
46:something wasn't so bad considering we also ate a greasy pizza for dinner....(that was good, too...not as good as the tiramissu though).

Heading to dinner....on new years eve...
self potrait. Dressed for the midnight run...
2 comments:
Hi Rachel, i read your blog through Liz's..hope you dont mind. Hope all is well w/ you..Awesome that you're going into nursing...I'm in L&D and my husband just started school for nursing...take care...
yay! im soo glad u had fun in NYC :) urgh now back to school :(
Post a Comment