Sunday, October 5, 2008

3.0

YAY! Ran 3.0 miles today.

Ok, I know this isn't some sort of great accomplishment. I've ran my share of 5ks. But I always end up jumping off the band wagon (I think the last 5k was back in July...).

And with a friend of mine prepping to run in the ma_rine C=orp marathon, I'm motivated. Again...

Before moving, I used to track all my runs on a cool runnings website, but the website was bought out by active trainer and I didn't care for the new site. I found it cluttered, difficult to navigate, AND they wanted me to pay for certain things that were free on the cool running site.

Recently I discovered Running Ahead, which you can see in the right hand column of this page (twitter had to go). Everything about the site reminds me of cool running. It's bare bones, easy to use, and allows you to enter tons of data. For instance, if you click on 'more stats' (again, in the right hand column), you'll get to a chart of my runs. Then, by clicking on "workouts" you can see each run listed, and by clicking on the glasses icon, you can see a more detailed account of my run, such as weather, intervals, etc.

Today's run was pretty slow...my 5K times tend to be faster (nothing like wearing a number, seeing real runners, and being pushed to run by a the sound of a start gun!), but I decided that I would pace myself, and boy did I ever!

My first mile was done in 11:38 (granted, it was pretty windy at this point of the run), second mile was 10:28 and the third mile was 9:09.

The husband said I started too slow. I don't know....I felt pretty good at the end of the run and not too exhausted. Here's hoping that one of these day I can run a 10k :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

wow! thats really good - i am def not a runner at all! did you ever do the bridge run here in charleston?

thought i'd let you know about the places ive been lately... some friends and i go clubbing at the purple tree, toucan reef, and salsa dancing at some brewery lol...ive also eaten at poogans porch and have been to virginia's on king street 3 times - dont know if you have been to any of those places or not :) but i am loving it here!