Saturday, October 18, 2008

Homework

For my psych rotation, we have to complete a weekly verbatim. Basically, write out the conversation you had with a patient and document the therapeutic responses with a rational.

It's done from memory....we aren't supposed to write things down when talking with the patients, and we don't use a recorder. If you don't get things word for word, that's ok.

Last week I had no problem with this.

This week, with the full moon and the changing weather (darn winter fall), the patients were a bit agitated. Somewhat off. The conversations were so bizarre, and I'm not sure how they got from Point A to Point B in the conversation so I'm having trouble making this verbatim comprehensive or coherent (although the conversations were anything but).

One patient told me yesterday, "I'm going to move over there. Everyone's a bit nutty today."

3 comments:

Lauren said...

yes! i have seen basil and have been wanting to go there ahahh and ive also seen the prices....

have you been to the pantheon, the gay club? my friends and i are thinking about going!

d.a.r. said...

Sounds like a crazy week!!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh, PS I totally copied your cute running log gadget, thank you so much!! I am mildly obsessed now :-)