I just can't watch the debates anymore. I feel like we've been watching debates for over a year now.
News:
the open house last night. Apparently a success. I sent thank you emails to three key people associated with the hospital.
The nursing director replied to my email and said that I should receive a call for an interview from a nurse manager! YAY!
THEN...
I saw that our phone voicemail light was blinking. Apparently my name was 'picked' in the raffle drawing for a GPS thing-a-ma-jig! I don't think I've ever won any sort of raffle...a positive omen? or something else?
I'm torn between possibly working for a large teaching hospital (although I haven't submitted my application yet) or working for a small community hospital in a different state (possibly meaning more taxes). What do you all think? Unfortunately, the large teaching hospital requires a two year commitment after a 16 week internship (which starts at the end of Feb). All you military bloggers understand my weariness...
2 comments:
Good luck with the job hunt process. Having just endured that, particularly with our military lifestyle complicating things, I totally understand your pain.
I prayed a lot about it, thought about it a lot, and weighed my options. Turns out, the job I chased was the one I got. And I'm grateful I made the decision I did: smaller firm in a smaller town but I will get a LOT more hands on work immediately and be promoted quicker and given more responsibility than if I had gone looking for a job at a big firm in a big city.
I don't know how analogous to nursing this may be, and obviously decisions are SUPER personal, but in the end, it is working out best for me :)
Good luck!
How exciting about the interview and the GPS! I never win anything so that's so cool!
Oh and I hear you on the debates. I feel like I'm hearing the same thing every single debate and it's old.
Post a Comment