It's taper time! Yesterday I was supposed to do a 12 miler, one of the last long runs before the big 26.2. Except I was working yesterday from 7-3, and for some reason that I've yet to figure out, I can't run more than 6 miles in the afternoon. My GI system goes crazy at mile 6 and while I can get through the 6+ mile runs in the afternoon, the rest of the afternoon/night is spent in the fetal position sipping Pepto.
So I forwent the Sunday long run and woke up early this morning to get in 12. It was a great run. Started slow and easy, but picked up the pace for the second half of the run (I saw chickens on my run!). The Garmin beeped at mile 10 and looked at my watch and was happy with my pace. kept running. Started thinking "how cool, I'm running 12 and feeling great!" when BAM
BAM
BAM
I was THIS close to kissing the sidewalk. At that point in my run the shoulder of the road is next to non-existent, plus the road is pretty busy so I run on the sidewalk, which apparently needs to be fixed as half of the slabs are sticking up.
Pride hurt. Now the area of my left upper hamstring/butt cheek and left ankle are hurting. not cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment