6 months ago I gave my cc # to a friend to register me for this event.
What the hell was I thinking? At that time, I hadn't even run my first 1/2 marathon and I was signing up for a FULL marathon? I know what I was thinking: "I can always defer! It's not like I'm 100% committed or anything...."
I ran the 1/2 and thought, "well that wasn't so bad..." slowly I began training for the marathon. Then training began to take over. Go out Saturday night? sure...but I would have to be home early so I can run 16 miles on Sunday, etc. When I got to those 16+ mile runs I hit my first wall. Always at 16.
But when I attempted my first 20 miler, I broke through my wall, and oh, what a feeling!
Ice baths, some more runs, and now, here I am, with less than day 2 days, 21 hours until I will start a 26.2 mile journey to insanity.
And here I am thinking "this seemed like a good idea 6 months ago..." On my 12 miler just over a week ago I nearly fell on my run. darn sidewalk just jumped out at me! and since then I've felt this portion of my left leg saying, "DUMB ASS!"
literally, it's saying that. it is a dumb ass. that area where the thigh meets the butt? on my left leg? funky feeling. left groin? funky feeling. left knee?! FUNKY FEELING! I am popping motrin and ice bags galore to the left leg. I will get through this run. Not just because I've come this far, but because I worked my tail off. I've ran 20 miles twice (well nearly...19.9 should equal 20). I've switched weekends so I could run this weekend. My running gal pal is flying up to see me run. My floor plus other nurses, doctors, PAs, etc know I'm running this.
I will run this race.
Now, time to pack my bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment