I loved that program. First you got a button (one year it was a very cool hologram) and you would get a yellow star to put on the button for each month if you made the monthly quota for the number of books or book reports you were supposed to complete.
So in today's 'retro' style of Bringin' Back the 80s, I'm going to book it.
Just finished reading Sex With Kings
It was a cheap find at one of my favorite book stores, The Strand in NYC, and I'm glad I picked it up. There is so much juicy gossip on each page, I'm on information overload and can't even pick out the one juiciest moment. Scandal? yes. Sex? yes. Education? yes.
It's the not-so-trashy-trashy beach read for summer. Weird looks while reading it? quite possibly. For someone who doesn't appreciate and enjoy history, I would say this is a history book worth reading. Sometimes the writing gets a bit cheesy...and I would be lying if I said that I could keep all the characters (er, make that kings and mistresses) straight.
Next up The Girl Who Played With Fire. Diversity at its finest :)
1 comment:
And now I want nothing more than a cheese personal pan pizza :)
Post a Comment