Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Glimpse...

Welcome to a week in our lives & expereinces in Delaware:

Friday, June 29th (the friday before the 4th of July): Verizon is supposed to set up services (telephone, TV, internet). The technician comes to the door, gets to work, and an hour later says, "Mam, I've run into some problems. See, the box at the end of the street is full. I'm going to try and get a hold of my boss and a team of engineers to...balbhalbhalbha'

An other hour goes by: Well mam, I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. In the meantime, I've figured out a way to wire your house. It will be a challenge, but that's ok, I like challenges. An enginnering team will be here Monday and I'll get you taken care of first thing.

Monday, July 2nd; 2:30pm: a young guy knocks on the door. It's Verizon..but NOT the original little old man. I explain Friday's events. He looks at me as if I'm from Mars. After explaining what needs to be done, we walk outside, he looks at the house and says, "This is gonna suck."

And since I haven't exactly been the nicest person to be around lately, I go off on a tirade.: "I don't understand. Am I the ONLY person in this neigborhood of stucco townhomes that is getting Verizon Fios?! Is it really going to be such a problem??"

Monday July 2nd: continued: The guy gets engineering out to fix the aforementioned problem (full box?), except by the time they fix problem number one, it's too late to start problem number 2 (setting up service).

Tuesday July 3rd: MOVERS!
Wednesday July 4th: 4th of July!
Thursday July 5th: Verizon lady knocks on the door. Has no idea of previous calls, BUT manages to get the job done. YAY! I have internet in my house! I have TV...AND I have a land line!

Saturday July 7th: the computer dies (see previous posts about dying computer)

Sunday July 8th...morning: TV dies while listenign to a segment of the CBS Morining Show on sound in the movies. It took me a full 15 minutes to realize the TV died-not that there was an extra long sement on what a movie looks like without sound (in my defense, I was in the kitchen cleaning up and only listening, not watching, TV).

Sunday July 8th: Head to Best Buy. Can't take the noise, crowd, & kids playing on computers that are looking for new owners. Leave Best Buy. Search for Circuit City. Call Circuit City. Ciruit City girl either:
a. has not lived in DE very long
b. can not give directions

Ryan says, "Are we in South Carolina?"
15 minutes later we have directions to Circuit City

Sunday July 8th: After finding a computer we like, I try to catch the eye of at least one of the 4 computer technicians working at Circuit City. You know tech guys are weird when:
1. they have a green plastic earring in their ear.
2. you see their boxers
3. All four are working together one one computer and giggling like school boys and making up songs on the spot
4. a smiling, (ok, bitchy looking but STILL smiling female) (me) can't catch their attention

Monday July 9th: pick up new bedrails. put together new bedrails. cry over bed that is sitting only 4 1/2 inches off the ground.

Tuesday July 10th: realize advantage of low bed: I feel tall...very very tall. Posture improves as I try to stand even taller!

Wednesday July 11th: New Computer suddently will not connect to internet

Wednesday July 11th: Spend time waiting for a tech at Verizon Wireless. Tech informs me that the problem is with computer, not internet.

Wednesday July 11th: Spend a combined 77 minutes, 2 seconds on hold and sorting out computer details with computer's tech support line.

And you wonder why I don't like moving...

No comments: