Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hocked on fonics didnt rok 4 me

When I left South Carolina, I thought I was through dealing with incompetent 'eduaucrats.' (educator + bureaucrat= educrat)

One of the first two courses I will be taking for the nursing program at UD is Research Concepts in Healthcare.

Now there is the very real possibility I will have to take a basic, generic, freshman course titled, "Critical Reading & Writing" because my ENC 1101 course did not transfer. There is an appeal process, which I'm starting now, but in order to appeal the course, I need to submit coursework from my ENC 1101 class (which was taken in 1997).

Seriously, who has course work from a basic course like ENG 101?? Does anyone even own the same computer they had in 1997??

They expect me to take Research Concepts AND 'critical reading & writing??'

I'm trying NOT to be a smart ass here, but if I have a degree, and was accepted into an accelerated program, is there any doubt in my ability to read for understanding?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't crack right about now???

No comments: