Thursday, July 5, 2007

We Made It!

Not only are we in the new place, but...

We have furniture (a couch!!). The movers pulled up Tuesday at 8:20am...a flatbed truck with 8 crates & a forklift. Good news: My piano arrived in one piece, horribly out of tune, but at least it's here. Bad news: the only piece of furniture that is truly broken is a dining room chair. It was the dining room chair that had a really wobbly leg (so wobbly that I wouldn't let people sit on it). Good news: The chair leg was delivered with the chair, so hopefully I can fix it. Even if I can't, the dining room set only cost a mere $99 at the thrift store.

We also FINALLY got phone/internet/cable service.

The bad news? The computer is on its deathbed. Ryan's oldest brother left a voicemail the other day saying, "Hey guys,blabhalbha, my computer died and Justin's computer died this week. I know you guys have the same computer, so back up your files!."

Our computer hasn't been connected to the internet since we were in Charleston (about 2 1/2 months now). Still, I turned on the computer, only to hear "beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep" Hitting f2 helped, but even the Verizon lady said something was wrong with our computer. So now we're scared to shut off the computer.

But otherwise, things are finally starting to look up!

No comments: