Friday, February 15, 2008

A Lesson

After handing out a syllabus at the first day of class and going over all class requirements, I don't think it's appropriate for the teacher to add on an additional requirement.

Our maternity lab instructor put together a fund raiser movie showing that is scheduled for next monday. Anyone taking maternity, she says, is required to attend this movie and discussion.

There are two showings, and one of our classes runs right through both showings (so a total of 33 out of about 97 students would not be able to contribute to the fundraiser). Some classmates told the lab instructor, "OH! We have psych that night! during both times!"

To which she said, "Hm.. I'll email your teacher and ask that you get out early."

GRRR.

This would make my day really long.

Before the requirement was issued, I had already signed up for an OR field experience.

With the movie requirement my Monday will look like this:

6:45 am: be in hospital (which means waking up at 4:45am to get there in time)

11:30am: leave hospital

12:20-2:00pm: class

4:40-7:10pm: class

7:00-9:00pm: movie and discussion

Then I would have TUESDAY'S load to handle (see previous post).

But anyways...yesterday I emailed my professor to say, "I have a course that runs through both showings. How does this affect the requirement?"

She says I won't be penalized for not attending. If it wasn't for my classmates jumping the gun and telling the lab instructor about our class, she wouldn't have begun working on getting us out of our psych class early, and we wouldn't have had to go to the movie.

I wouldn't mind seeing the movie...but not after a long day, only to be followed by an even longer day filled with class and lab. Anyways. done complaining. I really need to study now. sigh.

No comments: