It seems like the past 10 days have flown!
I was sick at one point (still on antibiotics) and haven't gone to the gym or jogged in just over a week. The lingering cough is nearly gone, so I should hit the road soon...because.....
I have this crazy idea of trying to run a full marathon this next time next year. I realize that might be kind of crazy, so it might not be for another two years. The goal: a marathon by 30.
This past weekend was the Mairne Copr Marathon -don't want search engines to pick up, sorry-and we went to see our friends from charleston run. My friend's husband ran this marathon last year...this was her first time running a marathon and she did a terrific job. She's quite the motivator right now.
Finally, the last day of psych has arrived! As much as I initially hated this rotation, I really am going to miss the patients on my unit. My partner and I puroposely put ourselves on the geriatic floor because we figured while they might be able to spit on us, yell at us, and smack us, they wouldn't be able to out run us.
And naturally, nobody spit on us, yelled at us (um, scratch that..some did yell), but nobody smacked or chased after us. My heart goes out to some of those patients who are in the state facility because the have no family, or the family essentially abandoned the patient.
Unrelated to psych, (or not as I keep replaying the events in my mind), the first job interview has come and gone. It was like speed dating in slow motion...I went from nurse recruiter to the nurse manager of one department to the nurse manager of another department. At two hours, it was probably my longest interview, and I'm not really sure how it all went. I had woken up early that morning with a splitting headache that reappeared about an hour and a half into the interview. Hopefully I hear something, but it won't be for a couple of more weeks. I'm still keeping my eye out for some of the larger teaching hospitals in the area.
and tonight is halloween! More on that later. What are you all doing for the Halloween??
2 comments:
You can TOTALLY do a marathon!!!
Feel better :)
I've been planning on doing the Tucson half marathon, but have done zero running in the past month. I'm thinking about just winging it...so not smart, but I don't want to wait anymore! Good luck with your training! And with the NCLEX!
Post a Comment