Thursday, October 15, 2009

funk a di funk funk funk

Marathon is in 10 days. TEN DAYS.



and I'm in a funk. self pity rant ahead....

I should be psyched, but I think I'm psyching myself out.

I tripped and nearly kissed the ground on Monday. ankle pain is gone, but yesterday I did 5 miles and afterwords, my left GROIN area and the back of my left thigh where it meets the butt was aching (a littler over a year ago we were hiking and I fell...ever since that fall, I tend to have mild discomfort in that area where the thigh meets the butt).

I stretched. Last night I put on some tiger balm. Today, I'm supposed to run 2 (my schedule is a little off, I know), but it's 44* and drizzling outside. I'm sitting on the couch in pajamas with a warm cup of coffee (not my favorite mug, since on Tuesday I BROKE my favorite, handmade mug purchased on same hiking vacation as mentioned above).

And my toe. My left big toe nail has been bothering me. I took off the nail polish and sure enough....there's a bit of black in the toenail. I'm not sure if this is from the running or from the oh-so-sexy support hose that I started wearing to work.

And I can't help but thing, "Greeeattt...friends & family know I'm planning on running 26.2. Co-workers are expecting me to run 26.2. I worked so hard to get people to switch weekends with me so that I could run (and not work). AND a friend is flying up to see my run 26.2." and all this! Is it mental? I hope. Because I woke up with a scratchy throat today, too.

This is sounding like a terrible, horrible no good very bad week! Let's hope I get some good vibes soon!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Crossin' my fingers for you!