THE RUN
Does having good intentions count for anything?Part of my un-declared resolution this year is to do a better job at logging my runs. There's no reason not to.
I mean, I have a Garmin. (ok, Ibought the Garmin for my husband about 3 years ago and have since hijacked it,but still...)
When I was training for myfirst half marathon, and then the first marathon, I was pretty anal about tracking every detail of my run...the time of day, the weather, how I felt, the splits, etc.
Now after I run I take a lot at my overall time, distance, and splits. But sitting at starbucks, without the garmin, it's hard to remember the details of yesterday's 6 miler. I think it was 55 minutes? Nearly all negative splits (I kept two miles at the same pace). So there...that's the run report. Tonight's run will bewith the club.
THE CAMERA
The new camera is a nikon d5000. It came with a lens. I have a GIGANTIC camera bag (I think my clarinet case in middle & high school was smaller) and the bag came with two dvds and a 'instructional' book. I wish someone would write a child's book on how to use the DSLR. Pioneer Woman is good....I get it, fast shutter speed for fast action, aperture has to do with focus and the amount of light coming in....smaller f number = focusing in on a central object, and then the background will be a bit blurry. Except that hasn't exactly happened for any of my pictures. I will stay play though....and last night, that's what I did.
The camera has your typical ASPM settings, plus auto with & without flash. Then there are the portrait, landscape, etc modes. There is also the 'scene' setting with has sub-settings such as candlelight, silhouette, pets, food, etc. So last night, was food. And here's what we have:
THE DINNER
I decided to try something new to me, or at least, new to me in my own kitchen. Yellow rice & guinea africana (guinea hen, african style-I substituted chicken breast for the guinea hen). The recipe comes from a cuban cookbook,which credits the recipe to an old Havana newspaper clipping.
First, the chicken dish....brown, saute, simmer...
Then the rice....
The final product:

The camera (not the photographer) is so detail oriented that it picked up the strand of cat hair on my chicken. gross.
The meal wasn't bad. I didn't real get the whole sweet potato, but it was still good, making for a happy belly. I think I may have stirred the rice a tad too soon before covering it. While not Miami-worthy cuban food, it really wasn't that bad....
I think I've delayed taking the tree down long enough. Till Friday-
No comments:
Post a Comment