Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Eurkeka!

Yesterday our agents took us to a house that is available for short term rent. Because of our present living situation (currently residing at the Sheraton), cost wasn't much of an issue and we didn't even blink at the $1200 per month price tag.

Driving out towards the rental, I began to realize this house MUST be in a safe neighborhood because there was no neighborhood. Just tons of farm land. Acres and acres of green grass.

We saw a house, that was possibly the rental (directions weren't very clear). While we all knew the rental was an older home, we never imagined it would actually be a farm home (even though the rental description mentioned that the outbuildings were not included in the rent). Turns out, the rental WAS the old farm house. Cute white square box of a house, two stories, a side porch, surrounded by a couple of barns, a silo and ACRES of green grass. Walking through the house, which was ever so tastelessly decked out in 1972 decor, Ryan and I think, "we can handle this for a month, 6 weeks max." (We're talking gold thick carpet complete with design.) I'm asking questions such as, "is there a garbage service?" when I hear Ryan go, "OHHH"

Ryan, aka Mr. Clean, had opened one of the kitchen cabinets to discover hundreds of black pellets. Yes, Mickey Mouse himself lived in that house and Ryan was the lucky one to discover Mickey's very own private outhouse.

Can ANYTHING go smoothly in Delaware???

No comments: