I'm still high from yesterday's phone call...it's a good thing the academic advisor called Ryan and left a voice mail, because if she had actually gotten in touch with me, she would certainly be deaf in one ear.
Yesterday (pre-life changing phone call), I promised to fill everyone in on what's been happening. We're STILL trying to get a hold of the release form for the cancer house (radon). Weekends have been spent in Annapolis, Washington DC, and a Phillies game in Philly. It's funny, when crazy things are happening, I think, "I HAVE to write about this," but after two weeks, I realize how trivial and unimportant those crazy, eye-rolling incidents have become.
Despite not being able to open up the emailed version of the release form, Ryan and I met with the real estate agents last night to look at town homes in Middletown. Now that I'm REALLY going to school at UD, Middletown is truly the best place for us to live...I will drive 25 miles north to go to school, and Ryan will drive 25 miles south for work. Unfortunately, there is just no way we can truly afford to live in a house in Middletown (unless we want to live on the railroad tracks). The nicer homes are all in the mid to upper 300s. Even if we pool together everything and actually get a nice house, than we have to figure out how to heat the house in the winter, keep it cool in the summer, and worry about that other little thing: such as eating & tuition. We could probably do it all, but then what about saving? and trips to the mall? and to DC, Philly, Baltimore, Annapolis, & NYC? I'm not about to buy a large house AND completely change my lifestyle. I already feel guilty about shopping...there's a bonafide H&M at one of the malls in Wilmington and I STILL haven't purchased anything. This is H&M we're talking about...it's already cheap!
So it'll have to be a townhome. IF we get the release paper and IF the sellers accept our offer and IF the inspection goes well (ha). Please send good vibes...much in need...
No comments:
Post a Comment