Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday 4/24

Ahhh, what a week, where should I start? How about with the movers?

Tuesday 4/24, early morning: Ryan and I leave the Charleston on-base hotel to meet the movers at the house. It's 6:45am. I realize that while we have the coffee, coffee filter, and coffee maker, we don't have a mug OR any milk/cream. Remembering that Publix serves complimentary coffee, I decide we should have donuts for breakfast (from Publix).
Publix finally lets me in (they open at 7am) and standing at the bakery, I can't understand why they don't have any plain old chocolate icing donuts. They don't even have glazed donuts. Apparently, the bakery has all the icings to make the donuts, but the don't have the dough needed to make the donuts. Hm.

I end up grabbing the only box of mini cake donuts and make my way to the cashiers, but a box of cinnamon rolls catches my eye and makes me think how happy Ryan would be to have those gooey cinnamon rolls. At this time, as I pick up the box of gooey cinnamon rolls, the box of mini chocolate donuts miraculously grows a pair of wings and FLIES out of my hands, only to immediately crash on the floor. The package somehow opened up and 24 mini donuts were rolling around the floor at Publix. All this, plus Publix didn't even have the complimentary coffee brewing yet.

So there were no free donuts, no more mini choc late donuts, and most horrifying, no coffee.

The day turned slightly better....I realized we had cups. Red Solo cups left over from a recent party. Yes, I drank my coffee black out of a red solo plastic cup. The movers came at noon, left at 8:00pm, damaged two pieces of furniture (chips), and we didn't get back to our Charleston hotel room until well after 11pm. Moving sucks.

No comments: