Thursday, June 7, 2007

Baltimore

Blogger's giving my problems right now, but I was going to upload a couple of pictures from our Saturday in Baltimore. Possibly one of my new favorite cities....check back soon :)












YUMMY! I had read about Attman's in a NYTimes '36 hours in Baltimore' article. Well worth the walk out of the typical touristy area of Baltimore. If I closed my eyes, I would have thought I was at Katz's Deli in New York. The B-E-S-T corned beef on rye I've had in eons.

Our first stop in Baltimore was the Water's Museum, but unfortunately, the hours recently changed and we were waaay too early. We ended up walking the original Washington Monument-225 (?) steps, walked around the Mt. Vernon neighborhood, and checked out the Peabody Conservatory. Afterwards, we drove down to the Inner Harbor, toured a boat used in the civil war (?...it was boring..I don't remember much), and decided to take the trek to Attman's, where it is probably safe to say that Ryan and I were the probably the only tourists.

Then it was back to the Inner Harbor and a trip to the Aquarium...pricey, but fun and touristy. More walking around the Inner Harbor, followed by a trip back up to the Mt. Vernon neighborhood to see the Water's Museum...I wish we can go back because we only had a hour to explore 4 floors...very little 19th century art, but a LOT of art and relics from the Italian Renaissance, India, Tibet, Central America, and quite a few religious artifacts.

After being kicked out of the museum (at least it was free, thanks to a grant), we had a delicious dinner at a restaurant whose name I can't remember, but I remember the great food...Afghan Cuisine..Ryan and I each had similar meals, lamb and a type of Afghan rice, but it was incredibly.

My stomach thanked me that day :)


Reincarnation is a bitch...

No comments: