Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Out of the Lion's Den

We DID IT! We finally closed on the townhome! Did it go smoothly? That depends on your definition ;)

Considering all of our experiences in DE, a 2 hour close felt great. But with all things, there were problems. Silly mortgage company omitted the hypen in my name (even though every other bank & attorney paperwork had a hyphen). So the closing started an hour late because the attorney had to change all the information from hyphen to no hyphen (why didn't they just change the one piece of paper that was wrong to begin with???) Then we found another error on the HUD...nothing major, but still, it needed to be fixed (and the mistake should never have been there in the first place). So anyways...

We are no longer in the condo & FINALLY in the house. I woke up at 5:15 this morning because it was so sunny and bright in the room (yes, the blinds were closed)....The condo was a serious cave (I was able to sleep until noon sometimes because of how little light seeped in.

So now it's on to more important things...like paint. I've narrowed it down to two colors that look incredibly similar, it's hard to figure out the differences. Behr's Cracked Wheat or Behr's Stable Hay...they actually sit next to each other (not on the same strip though) at HD. Ryan really doesn't want me to use the same River Rock color from the Charleston bedroom, but I'm going to see if I can't convince him otherwise (I think river rock will look nice with stable hay, but he thinks river rock is too dark...Charleston friends: what did you HONESTLY think of the bedroom color??)

I promise to take pictures (still need to upload older ones)....the Verizon FIOS guy will be at the house on Friday, so check for updates next week!

No comments: