Monday, January 3, 2011

Forgetful

So this blog. I've forgotten how to use it. What to write?

I could write about work, but you might think of me as this negative, miserable person, with green skin and a black pointy hat. I'm beginning to wonder if that's how my co-workers picture me. Twice in the past two weeks, I've had other nurses on my floor ask me if I like working there.

uh, NO.

But I can't say that. Especially at work. But it's obvious. The care for patients is often substandard. In Delaware we complained about being short staffed. But that wasn't necessarily an every day occurrence. However, that's every day at my hospital.

So again, I'm going to try and keep work out of my blog.

Things to focus: running. cooking. reading. and maybe pictures (I'm nowhere near photography).

This morning was first longish run in about 4 weeks and I'm working on my way to feeling (and looking) human again. Hopefully a new recipe for dinner (not yet sure what I'll make...), a new book to read (my first) on the Kindle, and maybe a picture of dinner with the hot camera.

The camera is so hot and so intimidating. I just look at it. Too much to handle. I'm desperate for a book on how to use it. Clearly, the camera doesn't make the picture. Any suggestions for a good website or book?

2 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

Welcome to the DSLR club :) What did you get?

Off the top of my head the pioneer woman has a good series to explain aperture / exposure .. she has a bunch of other great tips too .. but it helps to learn the basic vocab first:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/05/what-the-heck-is-an-aperture-part-one/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/09/what-the-heck-is-shutter-speed/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/09/what-the-heck-is-an-aperture-part-three/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/09/what-the-heck-is-an-aperture-part-cuatro/


Have fun!

d.a.r. said...

So my boss came into my office on Thursday last week, shut the door and sat down. I almost threw up. He then proceeded to ask if I was happy working there.

The answer is a big fat "hahaha you have to be kidding me I would rather experience natural child birth while delivering a 15 lb baby than spend 5 more minutes working here". But I figured that might not be um, professional.

Here's to hoping we both find some happiness. Or at least enjoy our fancy cameras, ha!