Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oops...I Did it Again!

I should have Just Said No.

I should have just heeded that age-old advice that parents tell their kids (if everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you do it too?).

Instead, I caved into peer pressure.


I signed up for the Chicago Marathon!

I never really thought of running Chicago. Truth be told, NYC is The One I Want To Run. But NYC is pricey (although not much more pricier than Chicago). There's no guarantee that I would get into NYC (it's a lottery system unless you happen to be super speedy, which I am certainly not). The weather for NYC during the marathon is also spotty. And if I were to get in the lottery and get pregnant and not be able to run in the marathon, I would be a tad upset.

While I can't defer or sell my bib to anyone for the Chicago marathon, at least I don't have to feel like I'm giving up a winning lottery ticket if something happens and I can't run in it (like getting pregnant).

There are three other people from the running club that also signed up for the marathon. My hotel is booked, registration complete. Now I just need to study and memorize the course, find a half that would possibly qualify me to get into a corral, and find places to eat and things to do in chicago. Oh, and I have to work on getting that weekend off of work. Damn work!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

So fun!!! I think Chicago would be a blast to run.