Thursday, February 3, 2011

Survival

Another nurse at work turned in her 2 week notice.

That would be 5 nurses that we've lost in a two month period of time (three on day shift, two on night shift). That brings the total to 9 or 10 since I started working there a few months ago...

Anywho; this evening, just prior to leaving the house to meet up with the running club, my director/pseuo-nurse manager (another story) called to ask if I would be willing to come in tomorrow and pick up an extra "critical need" shift.

I normally don't mind picking up a half a shift (and only for the first half). Sadly, I'm already scheduled to work tomorrow. Here's hoping I survive tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And because this blog needs to incorporate something other than my job.....

Tonight's run was painful. My left great toe has been bothering me on and off lately. Yesterday after work it ached (as it did this morning). Hypochondriac that I am, I'm convinced I'm developing a bunion. After nearly turning around on the way to the run (the weather looked miserable), only a handful of us were actually there to run.

My toe ached, and then, just 1.5 miles into the run the rain really began to come down hard. My partner and I looked at each other and said, "let's turn around."

Glad we did; by the time I started my car and pulled out of the lot, it was pouring. Thinking of taking the weekend off and hopefully getting a new pair of running shoes.

Hope everyone has a happy friday!

No comments: